Autopass is a system that allows foreign-registered vehicles to enter and exit Singapore without having to manually clear customs. If you are planning to drive into Singapore with a foreign-registered vehicle, you can apply for an Autopass Card to make the entry process more convenient.
To apply for an Autopass Card, you will need the following documents:
- Vehicle registration documents: You will need to provide the original and photocopy of your vehicle registration documents. These should include the vehicle’s registration certificate and the vehicle’s insurance certificate.
- IC / Passport: You will need to provide a photocopy of the identification card or passport of the person who will be driving the vehicle into Singapore.
- Driver’s license: You will need to provide a photocopy of the driver’s license of the person who will be driving the vehicle into Singapore.
- Valid insurance coverage: You will need to provide proof of valid insurance coverage for your vehicle. This should be in the form of an insurance certificate or policy document.
- Vehicle owner’s authorization letter (if applicable): If the person driving the vehicle is not the registered owner, you will need to provide a letter of authorization from the owner giving permission for the vehicle to be driven into Singapore.
Make sure to have all these documents ready before you start the application process on the OneMotoring website.
Here are the steps to apply for an Autopass Card:
Step 1: Check if your vehicle is eligible Before you apply for an Autopass Card, you need to make sure that your vehicle is eligible. The vehicle must be registered in Malaysia, Thailand, or another country that has a reciprocal arrangement with Singapore. You also need to have valid insurance coverage for your vehicle.
Step 2: Submit an application One Motoring LTA To apply for an Autopass Card, you need to submit an application online through the OneMotoring website. You will need to provide information about yourself and your vehicle, including your identification card or passport details, the make and model of your vehicle, and your insurance information. You will also need to pay a refundable deposit of SGD 10 – with a pre-loaded cash value of $4 and a non-refundable card cost of $6.
Step 3: Wait for approval After you submit your application, it will be reviewed by the Singapore authorities. If your application is approved, you will receive an email with instructions on how to collect your Autopass Card. The approval process can take up to two weeks, so make sure you apply well in advance of your trip.
Step 4: Collect your Autopass Card Once your application is approved, you can collect your Autopass Card after you receive your email after 5 days.
Please bring along your identification card or passport, as well as LTA’s approval email. Ensure that the authorised party collecting your Autopass card has his/her identification card and your authorisation within the LTA’s approval email.
Sample of Approved VEP (Email)
If you need help with your online application, please call or visit our service centres (open 24 hours daily) located in Malaysia.
|Wira Security Services Sdn Bhd
34, Jalan Tun Abdul Razak Susur 1
80000 Johor Bahru
Tel: +60 72070709
|Wira Security Services Sdn Bhd
No 1, Jalan Nusa Puncak 1
Taman Nusa Puncak
79200 Iskandar Puteri, Johor
Tel: +60 75097222 and Tel: +60 75853663
Step 5: Use your Autopass Card to enter and exit Singapore When you arrive at the Singapore checkpoint, insert your Autopass Card into the card reader at the immigration booth. The system will automatically clear your vehicle for entry into Singapore. When you leave Singapore, you will need to insert your Autopass Card again to clear customs.
Applying for an Autopass Card is a simple and convenient way to enter Singapore with a foreign-registered vehicle. Just make sure you apply well in advance of your trip to allow time for the approval process. With an Autopass Card, you can enjoy a hassle-free entry and exit experience in Singapore.
Refer official website for Applying Autopass Card
Enquire Application Status VEPDS
If you cannot get an Autopass card, you may consider an alternate method to enter Singapore. You can take a 5-minute train ride from Johor to Singapore.
Other useful links :-
How to get and use an Autopass Card: